I love a cosy evening and my home comforts (no i’m not a grandma) and now the nights are drawing in quickly, there is a chill in the air and Christmas isn’t far around the corner which makes it the perfect excuse to do just that! I’ve been finding it hard to switch off lately and I’m guilty of constantly thinking about what I need to be doing rather than just taking a step back! It’s important to enjoy those relaxing moments and recharge for the weeks ahead. I love lighting some candles, settling down with a hot chocolate and waiting for the Christmas adverts to come on TV so I’ve put together a cosy night in to do list for the upcoming winter evenings!
1. Get ahead with your Christmas shopping, I always end up leaving mine until December but always have the best intentions to be more organised and prepared. A cosy night in is the perfect excuse to plan what your going to gift to your loved ones!
2. Organise and update your Pinterest boards whilst looking for inspiration.
3. Treat yourself to a new pair of cute pyjamas and curl up with a hot chocolate and a book or magazine, I’ve just ordered Tanya Burr’s Christmas book and I cannot wait to read it!
4. I was recently sent The Unicorn Cookbook
and I can’t wait to bake some unicorn inspired sweet treats. The dreamy pink hot chocolate would be the perfect thing!
5. Indulge in some online retail therapy, I love making a cup of tea and using one of my favourite mugs like this cutie, then popping the TV on or a Christmas film and scrolling through some of my fave online shopping sites!
6. Go on a winter walk, it’s a really good way to get some head space because it means no social media or pointless scrolling and you can get some fresh air whilst enjoying your surroundings and the beauty of the changing seasons!
7. Treat yourself to a pamper evening, I love painting my nails, using a face mask, moisturising with the dreamy Lush Cosmetics Once Upon A Time body lotion all whilst watching a Disney classic and then having an earlier night!
8. Catch up on all of your favourite blogs and share the love by sharing their blog or leaving a lovely comment for them to read.
9. I love to write lists, I find it really helps me de-stress because I’m getting it out of my head and down on paper! Whether that be a to do list, shopping list, filling in my roses and thorns gratitude journal or writing down my dreams, goals and things I am looking forward to. Plus I love buying cute and girly stationary!
10. Introduce some festive details to your home by burning scented candles, hanging up fairy lights, changing up some throw pillows! These are all little things that will help create that comforting and magical place to relax in!
How do you like to spend your cosy nights in?